Israel Entry Requirements

Are you interested in visiting Israel? It’s important to be aware of the entry requirements that must be met to travel there. Israeli authorities have extremely strict policies in place for entry due to the ongoing conflict in the region. Visitors are likely to be asked for information about their trip, such as accommodations and transportation arrangements. Israeli officials take safety seriously and are committed to protecting citizens and tourists alike. This page covers all the information needed for a successful visit to Israel!

Preflight  Entry Requirements

The following countries does not need Visa Holders of normal passports of the following 101 jurisdictions do not require a visa for Israel for a maximum stay of 3 months for tourism:

All European Union countries, Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Central African Republic, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eswatini, Fiji, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, Jamaica, Japan, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Macao, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Nauru, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Palau, Panama, Papua, New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Suriname, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City.


If you are one of this country’s above skip to the immigration part. If not, You will need to fill this attached form, go to the Israel Embassy in your country. Bring passport, a photo of your face that valid for visa and the visa requirement form. Start this process 1-2 months before you want to visit Israel.


Application for entry visa to Israel


Information about types of visas is appear further down the brief, if you are planning a short trip for tourism purposes, you need to take visa B/2

At The  Airport

At the airport: next step is going to be at the airport. You will need to provide to the flight company next documents: A reservation of accommodation, Return ticket, Travel Insurance and the Entry Statement Form It is very important to fill these forms before you get to the airport cause if you don’t have one of this forms we won’t get on the plane.

Customs  And Immigration

This is the final stage. You should expect lengthy personal questioning and baggage searches by security officials on arrival and departure from Israel. Electrical items, including laptops, may be taken from departing passengers for security inspection and either stored in the aircraft baggage hold, or returned back to your country . Damage may occur. Searches and questioning may be longer in some cases, including but not limited to some visitors with Palestinian or Arab ancestry.

If you arrive with valuable personal items (computers, camcorders etc.) you may be required to pay a deposit that is refundable on or after departure.

Israeli security officials have on occasion requested access to traveler’s personal e-mail accounts or other social media accounts as a condition of entry.

after this you’ve finished all the request to Israel entry requirements and you can take your first steps to Israel.

תמונת ויזה

Types Of Visas

Types Of  Visas

Types of visas: This is the types A and B of visas, which part of Israel entry requirements


Type A Visas

A/1 Temporary Resident Visa

– for people eligible for immigration under the Law of Return


An A/1 Temporary Resident visa is given to a person who is eligible for immigration (aliya) and has completed the examination process with the aliya representative of the Jewish Agency, and whose application has been examined and approved by the diplomatic / consular representative at an Israeli mission.


A/2 Temporary  Resident Visa

This visa is granted to those who want to study in Israel in elementary and high schools, academic institutions, yeshivot and youth institutions of the Jewish Agency. The visa is valid for up to one year and for multiple entrances and exits. Recipients of this visa are not permitted to work in Israel.


Please note:  A minor will not be given a visa without the written consent of both parents or his legal guardian.


The visa is granted to students who provide the following:


Completed and signed application for a visa to enter Israel (Download the application for Visa to enter Israel​).


Passport (must be valid beyond one year from the date of intended visit).


Two passport pictures.


Original letter of acceptance for study at a recognized educational institution in Israel.


Statement from bank showing that you have the funds to support the stay in Israel while you are a student (Bank statement from the past three months).


Roundtrip airline tickets OR payment of next school year in the states (in the case of an exchange student)​.


Payment of the fee (Table of Fees​).


Bank statement of the last 3 months.


A/3 Clergy Visa

This visa is granted to clergymen for the purpose of fulfilling their clerical duties among their religious communities in Israel, pursuant to the invitation of a recognized religious institution in Israel. A clergyman who goes to Israel for a visit and requires an entry visa will receive the regular B/2 visa.


Only the Ministry of the Interior has the authority to grant an A/3 visa. The application should be submitted in Israel by the religious institution that is inviting the clergyman. The mission will only issue the visa with the prior approval of the Ministry of the Interior. The validity of the visa will be in accordance with Ministry of Interior guidelines, with the option of renewal only in Israel.


If the visa is approved by the Ministry of the Interior, the visa will be issued by the mission upon provision of the following:​


Completed and signed application for a visa to enter Israel (Download the application for Visa to enter Israel​)


A valid passport.


Two passport pictures.​


Payment of the fee (Table of Fees​)


A/4 Visa

– for the spouses and children of recipients of A/2 or A/3 visas


This visa is granted to the spouses and minor children of  recipients of A/2 or A/3 visas. The visa will be issued under the following conditions:


The applicant is the spouse and/or minor child of a person who received an A/2 or A/3 visa.


An application for an A/4 visa has been filled out and signed, and attached to the visa application of the person they are accompanying (Download the application for Visa to enter Israel​)


A valid passport.​


Two passport pictures


Payment of the fee (Table of Fees​)



B/1 Work Visa

This visa is for a person whose stay in Israel is approved for a limited period of time for the purpose of work. This visa is given to experts and artists, among others, and is granted solely with the approval of the Ministry of the Interior.


The fee is paid by the applicant when the application is submitted to one of the population administration offices of the Ministry of the Interior. Upon receipt of approval from the Ministry of the Interior, the mission will issue the B/1 Work visa after interviewing the applicant and obtaining from him the following documents:


A verified certificate of good conduct


Certification of medical examinations performed in clinics or hospitals recognized by the mission (the certification must cover, inter alia, normal results in tests for tuberculosis, hepatitis and AIDS) and the results of blood tests.


A declaration of the taking of fingerprints (the State of Israel has begun to take fingerprints from foreign workers who enter the country to work) and a photograph.


A completed application for a visa (Download the application for Visa to enter Israel​).


Two passport pictures


The validity of the B/1 Work visa will be in accordance with Ministry of Interior guidelines. The worker must enter Israel within the period of time specified in the visa and stay in the country as specified in the visa. A person who receives such a visa may apply to one of the population administration offices of the Ministry of the Interior to extend the visa.


B/2 Visitor’s Visa (The classic tourist visa)

A B/2 visa is granted to someone who wishes to stay in Israel for only a short time (for a visit, tourism, a business meeting or study in a Hebrew ulpan). A person who enters Israel on a B/2 visa is not allowed to work in the State of Israel.


A B/2 visa is valid for up to three months from the date of issue. The duration of the stay in Israel will be determined by the Border Police. A visitor who wishes to extend his visit may submit an application at one of the regional population administration offices of the Ministry of the Interior.

Name *
E-mail *
Password *
Confirm Password *


Email *
Password *
Israel Entry Requirements